Getting your Legs Out for Lymphoma
Legs out for Lymphoma is your chance to help raise awareness for our sixth most common cancer
Every 2 hours another Australian is diagnosed with Lymphoma and every 6 hours another life is lost to this cancer.
Get your legs out to raise awareness for the lymphoma community
Join us and help reach our goal to fund Lymphoma Care Nurses across Australia & unite together in the fight against Lymphoma!
Get involved, get fit and get fundraising for this worthy cause.
For further information, get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get your legs out
Get your Legs Out for Lymphoma!
Design your own physical challenge to help the 18 Australians diagnosed with lymphoma every day.
This event is virtual, and you can take part from anywhere in Australia!
Be audacious. Be bold. Have fun!
Sign up to run, cycle, swim, walk, lunge or star jump –it’s up to you! Pick a target – 8km or 80km, 10 mins per day or 80 mins per day, 80 hours for a team pursuit.
Participate as a team, group or on your own and help get the awareness out for Australia’s number one blood cancer.
Short and sweet challenges
- Complete a set number of minutes of exercise every day – eg. 80 minutes for the 80 subtypes of lymphoma
- Run/walk/hike/cycle 8km on one day
- Running for a certain number of minutes without stopping
- Complete a certain number laps around a park.
- Completing stair challenge – up your building at work
- Participate in a team 24 hour relay
- Team event of completing 80km in one day
- Having a rowathon or bikeathon at the gym or on machines in your office
Complete your challenge over Legs Out for Lymphoma – March 4 – 13.
Ask friends, family and colleagues to sponsor your efforts.
Get more ideas for:
How getting your legs out will help
Every 2 hours someone is diagnosed with lymphoma in Australia. Take part in Legs Out for Lymphoma to show your support.
Funds will be directed to our Lymphoma Care Nurses to ensure they are here for you.
Everyone’s lymphoma experience is different. Our Lymphoma Care Nurses are here to help patients and families navigate the health system, access the most up to date information about lymphoma and to take the fear of the unknown out of the lymphoma journey.
Your fundraising and support will help to ensure that everyone, no matter their location, has access to a lymphoma care nurse and is not in this alone.
When you sign up to get your Legs Out you are helping to:
- Fund Lymphoma Care Nurses who are on the ground, meeting and supporting patients and families and educating other nurses and health professionals
- Provide continued support of patients via education days and sessions on particular subtypes, new treatments, clinical trials
- Provide survivorship care and support services for the next stages of life post-cancer
- Continue advocacy for medicines to be PBS listed, for funding to be committed to blood cancer trials and research, and supporting patients to access the best treatment for them, no matter their location
- Ensure that all patients across Australia are support, so no one faces lymphoma alone.