Why get your Legs Out for Lymphoma?
Every 2 hours another Australian is diagnosed with lymphoma and every 6 hours another life is lost to this cancer.
By signing up to Legs Out for Lymphoma you’re helping provide vital support and awareness to patients and families across Australia. It’s also a chance to get fit, smash a personal goal and have some fun!
The funds raised from Legs Out will help grow our team of lymphoma support nurses. Our nurses are here to help patients and families navigate the health system, access the most up-to-date information about lymphoma and to take the fear of the unknown out of the lymphoma journey.
When you sign up to get your Legs Out you are helping to:
- Fund Lymphoma Care Nurses who meet and support patients and families and educate other nurses and health professionals
- Provide continued support and information for patients via education days, sessions on subtypes, new treatments and how to access clinical trials
- Provide survivorship care and support services for the next stages of life post-cancer
- Enable us to advocate on behalf of patients to ensure medicines are PBS listed, funding is committed to blood cancer trials and research, and that treatment is accessible for all Australians, no matter their location
You might choose to take part to support a loved one or show your support for people affected by lymphoma or CLL. Join us and get your Legs Out this March!
For further information, get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org
Design your own physical challenge to help the 20 Australians diagnosed with lymphoma every day.
In 2023 you can create your own virtual event or attend one of our in-person walks in Queensland and Victoria.
Be audacious. Be bold. Have fun!
Sign up to run, cycle, swim, row, walk, lunge or star jump –It’s up to you!
Participate as a team, group or on your own and help raise funds to support people living with lymphoma.
Short & sweet challenges
- Complete a set number of minutes of exercise every day – eg. 80 minutes for the 80 subtypes of lymphoma
- Run/walk/hike/cycle 5km on one day
- Run for a certain number of minutes without stopping
- Roller skate at your local park
- Spend 10 minutes stretching or doing Yoga each day
- Complete a number of laps around a park each day/per week.
Long & tough challenges
- Complete a stair challenge – up your building at work
- Participate in a team 24-hour relay
- Create a team event of completing 80km in one day – don’t stop until it’s done. 80km=1km for each subtype of lymphoma. Break your target down – 8km per team member x 10 members; complete a walk of 2.6km per day for all of March (31 days); complete sets of 80
- Have a rowathon or bikeathon at the gym or on machines in your office
- Organise a group cycle, run or walk
Reach your fundraising goals and be rewarded!
- The first 200 individuals that raise $500 on their individual page will become part of our LEG-ends Club! You will receive a special shirt to celebrate your achievements.
- There will be prizes for the individual who completes the most km’s and a team prize for the highest km’s logged (using the app and your fundraising page).