In November 2020 I thought I was coming down with something. I had swollen glands, body aches and was exhausted.
Over the next 10 weeks this continued, I also started to have shortness of breath. I saw my GP 5 times and was told I had a lingering virus.
In January 2021 I had enough and presented to ED where a mass was found in my chest. From there I had 68 nights in hospital, 8 rounds of intensive chemo, 8 bone marrow biopsies, a bronchoscopy, a lymph node removed and started ongoing maintenance chemotherapy.
What I’ve learned?
1. You know your body, if something doesn’t feel right trust your gut!
2. Sometimes you need to push your medical professionals to find the answers.
3. Minor symptoms like headache, sore back, tiredness, aches can add up to something huge wrong.
4. We are all a hell of a lot stronger than we ever realised when we have no choice but to fight.
5. I wish no one ever had to go through this again, that’s why I’m joining the fight against lymphoma. Join my team or donate to this important cause!